It’s that time of year again, pumpkin everything, crisp cool air, sweaters, boots, and my favorite… fall decorating.
When it comes to Fall decorating I tend to go overboard… but I’m OK with that.
All that color just makes me happy. Something about the warmth in the house when it starts getting cold outside. It’s a perfect excuse to light a fire, bake a pie, and invite friends and family over.
As much as I love decorating for this cozy season I know that some find it a daunting task and feel like they are required to throw orange leafy garlands everywhere. Maybe we just need some new ideas.
So here are 5 easy Fall decorating tips to help you get your house into a festive mood…
- Pillows. Pillows are an inexpensive way to bring a pop of color without having to commit to something more permanent like painting your walls. If you are crafty you can even make your own. Pick one or two patterns that go well together but don’t match. This keeps it engaging and unexpected.
- Gather some sticks. Tall sticks placed in large vases on the floor are a fun way to add texture. You can leave these as is or paint them. Try a mustard yellow or an off white for something different.
- Color. You don’t have to go with traditional orange. These days there are many other options that focus more on textures such as faux fur, wool, and sweater patterns. Grey, white, and beige are wonderful colors in place of yellows and oranges.
- Don’t stress. Instead… Distress! A small table that has crackled paint or even dry brushing a small crate can be the perfect piece to add a bit of nostalgia. Of course you can buy these things too but there is just something about doing it yourself that makes it feel right.
- Art. There are some pieces that look good with everything and others not so much. When that happens I set them aside for a bit or place them in another room until I’m ready to bring them out again.